Are you in the process of buying a new heat pump for your home or business? This is a great investment, but there are a few things to consider, including which type of mount is best for your heat pump.
Choosing a mount can be more difficult than it might seem which is why we have put together a few pointers to help you out. We hope this article helps to clarify your choices and options for your new heat pump system.
Wall Mount vs Floor Mount – the Basics
These two types of mounts have different installation configurations and different issues to consider:
- Wall mounts take up no floor space; they’re simply attached to the wall and connected to the heat pump.
- Floor mounts are situated on the floor in an accessible place for servicing; however, they don’t take up much floor space.
Considerations for Each Type of Mount
Choosing the right mount is more complicated than choosing where you want your heat pump system to live. Here are some basic considerations for the two types of systems:
Wall Mounted Heat Pumps
Wall mounts are typically used in multi-room systems. A heat pump is mounted in each room. Consider the following when choosing wall mounts:
- Aesthetics: Do you want a system on your wall?
- Space availability: Do you have space in each room for a wall mount?
- Accessibility for mounting: Do you have to jump through hoops to connect your wall mount due to onsite issues, difficult access, or interior space management considerations?
Floor Mounted Heat Pumps
Floor mounts are simply heat pumps mounted on the floor in any convenient location. They’re relatively small and unobtrusive. Having said that, there are different options to think about:
- Space management: Do you want the extra floor space? Does a floor mount look like it would be a problem in your home or business?
- Aesthetics: Is the floor mounted aesthetic what you want or does it look wrong in your space?
- Accessibility: Similar to wall mounts, there is a right and wrong place for your system. Consider onsite access, connections, servicing, etc.
- Kids and pets: If you have young kids and pets, having an accessible system to crash into or explore with their hands or paws may not be your preferred option.
Choosing Your Preferred Type of Installation
Make sure you take advantage of professional advice when having your heat pump installed. Every site has its own possible issues and your installer will be able to assist with practical choices. They can help you manage your preferred type of mounting or recommend the option they believe will be best for your space.
Installing a Heat Pump System in Auckland?
We hope you’ve found this information useful. If you’d like some help with wall and floor mounted installations, Albany Heat Pumps are your local experts. Ask us for any help you need with the installation and maintenance of heat pumps in Auckland. Contact us online or give us a call and talk to one of our experts. We’re happy to provide any services you need.